City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in
Abnormal Loads - Escort Driver
Practical, Theory & Refresher Training, HTA Assessment Centre
Who Should Attend
Drivers who are new to the role of the self-escorting of abnormal loads. Self-escorting Drivers who wish to prepare for the new City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence Qualification.
Benefits of Attending
It is the responsibility of hauliers to satisfy themselves that their own escort personnel are sufficiently competent to undertake the task of escorting abnormal loads or abnormal vehicles. Competent means that they are suitably trained and/or experienced for the role. Attending the course will prepare you for the City and Guilds assessment required to complete the qualification.
- Driver and vehicle legislative requirements
- Current codes of practice and industry best practice
- How to prepare the escort vehicle(s) before use
- How to brief all task personnel before departure
- How to check the condition of transport vehicle(s) and load(s) before departure
- How to effectively communicate with all third parties
- How to position load and escort vehicles appropriately on the road
- How to respond appropriately to emergencies, incidents, unexpected situations and breakdowns
- How to carry out post-operative checks to the escort vehicle(s) and contents
- How to complete a movement report and forward appropriately.