Driver CPC Safer Loading, Loading Safely
1 Day Course - £70 Excl. VAT (Additional £8.75 Upload Fee Also Applies)
Who Should Attend
Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) training is continual professional development which carries on throughout a professional bus, coach, or lorry Driver's career. Once you complete your Driver CPC you'll be issued with a Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
The course covers main areas of why load securing/planning is important, the basics of load securing and the responsibilities for securing a load. The consequences of poor load securing and enforcement, practical load securing and loading different types of vehicles. The course will also cover the impact of the vehicle and load on vulnerable road users.
Why Load Securing/Planning is Important
- Prohibitions to vehicles/fit for purpose, the load being carried/the vehicle being used
- Load securing systems & methods, load restraint system & using adequate load restraints
- Important factors in loading, axle weights and vehicle stability.
Load Securing the Basics and Responsibilities
- Important publications and reference information
- Responsibilities for loading/unloading a vehicle
- Identifying and using load securing equipment, ropes, straps & chains
- Practical load securing, the use and limitations of ropes, webbing & chains.
Consequences of Poor Load Securing and Enforcement
- Examples of both good/safe loading and poor/dangerous loading
- Visual impact of delays in traffic, damage to goods and damage to infrastructure
- Load security and consequences
- How enforcement agencies assess load security
- Load types, prohibition, fixed penalty and other actions
Benefits of Attending
This JAUPT approved course will give you 7 hours towards your required 35 hours of periodical training.