STGO Driver Awareness
1 Day Course - £480 Excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
Drivers who require training and current knowledge updates on STGO rules and regulations.
Benefits of Attending
It is the responsibility of hauliers to satisfy themselves that their own personnel are sufficiently competent to undertake the task of driving abnormal loads or abnormal vehicles. Competent means that they are suitably trained and/or experienced for the role. Attending the course will give you an understanding of STGO rules and regulations regarding the transporting of abnormal or indivisible loads.
- Driver and vehicle legislative requirements
- Current codes of practice and industry best practices
- How to prepare the vehicle(s) and load(s) before departure
- How to effectively communicate with all third parties
- How to position loads and vehicles appropriately on the road
- How to respond appropriately to emergencies, incidents, unexpected situations and breakdowns
- How to carry out post-operative checks.